Swing & Sail Information
31st of August 2018 - 9th of September 2018
Swing and Sail is now ready to welcome you... Visit Athens + 5 Greek islands and experience the endless blue...!
People are the ones bringing the trip to a whole new level and creating those everlasting moments that will keep you warm during the winter. Greece is the perfect playground with its endless shades of blue and seductive beaches ready to be explored.
- 7 days living in a sailing boat
- 6 Swing Parties (2/7 will take place in Athens and 5/7 in selected venues of the islands we are visiting)
- 5 hours of swing classes in selected venues of the islands we are visiting, with Tony Jackson from London & Irene Ragusini from Athens!
- Fuel and water
- Flight & Transfers
- Food & Beverages
* You don't need a skipper license to join Swing & Sail
* You don't need a dancing partner to join Swing & Sail
* The parties and the classes will take place in selected venues in Athens and in islands, not on the sailing boats.
Visit Athens, Lefkas, Paxoi, Antipaxoi, Ithaca, Kefallonia and dance every night to a different place. Of course you are changing the venues by boat. It's Swing and Sail!
Transportation from/to the airport
You can take the blue metro line, the suburban railway, the bus or hire a taxi.
- METRO Ticket to or from Airport (Regular) – 10,00€
- BUS Ticket to or from Airport(Regular) – 6,00€
- Taxi Fare ~ 40,00€
Transportation in the city of Athens
The center of Athens is quite small and you can easily walk some distances. Otherwise, metro is probably the most convenient way to move around.
- Regular Ticket for all modes of 90 minutes (invalid to the Airport lines) – 1,40€
Transportation from Athens to Lefkas and from Lefkas to Athens
The cost of a return ticket from Athens to Lefkas by public bus transportation is approximately 70,00€. Its departure point is only accessible by taxi or bus. We decided to get our own bus at the same price because it gives us the option of departing from a very central location (Syntagma Square), we can make as many stops as we want during the 5-hour trip, we will have free WiFi on board and we can be together. +70,00€ Please inform us if you are interested to arrange this in a different way. Otherwise, we count you in for our own bus.
Accommodation in Athens
If you are looking for budget accommodation, here are our recommendations
- Find a local host. Please say that you are interested in being hosted when you register for the event.
- Book an Airbnb apartment. This is a very affordable option, especially if you share with a few people.
- http://athenstyle.com/en_GB/ Hostel in the centre of Athens. You can make the booking at this site.
Booking & Payment
- Flip Flops
- Sunscreen & after sun cream
- Towel / scarf or pareo
- Light jacket (windproof type) or a hoodie
- Cash (euros)
Skipper & Hostess
- #1 The Captain is always right.
- #2 If the Captain is wrong, see rule #1.
There’s always a kitchen and fridge available for you on the sailing boat. Most commonly prepared dinners on board are oven and pasta dishes.
You will be required to prepare your own food and clean up after yourself. Don’t worry – you are not alone on the sailing boat and everyone may choose to rotate duties. Keep in mind that the skipper is also a part of the crew. Do prepare a meal for him as well if you wanna keep him going.
If you book with a friend, you are most welcome to stick together.
If you’re traveling solo, we will do our best to accommodate you comfortably. We pair people of the same gender in cabins. There are also some single bed options available or the saloon if needed. Moreover, despite having their own cabin, we experience a number of romantic sailors preferring to sleep on the deck under the stars.
We always find a solution that satisfies everyone.
Depends on the sailing week & destinations, but on average we sail 3-4 hours per day. Due to the plethora of islands on the Greek Pelagos, you always keep sight of at least one land spot.
When we moor, you are free to do as you desire! You can stay aboard, explore the islands or choose one of the numerous activities.
You can always charge phones, tablets, cameras and any other similar devices via a 12V to USB converter on the boat.
For the rest of electrical appliances like hair dryer, shaver and equipment that requires 240V, it is only possible to use when the boat is docked in a marina.
This is something that will come up depending on the level of everyone. It will be something between all and of course there might be some thematical classe, choreographies etc.
We will try our best to ensure you are happy with that.
- No, we will be relaxing and and having fun on the boats. They will take place in selected venues in Athens and in islands.
- Two of them will take place in Athens and four of them at the islands.